As the Kansas City T-Bones prepare for the home opener on Saturday, May 18, the club has announced its promotions and events schedule for the 2013 season.
The team, which plays at CommunityAmerica Ballpark in Kansas City, Kan., is offering nightly promotions, along with giveaways and special guests during 2013.
“Emily Hoskins, our drector of promotions, and our staff have worked hard to come up with a wide variety of events and promotions, including some first-ever giveaway nights for us,” said Chris Browne, T-Bones vice president and general manager. "And we have a few more surprises we’ll be adding soon. I am looking forward to the 2013 season at CommunityAmerica Ballpark.”
Besides $2 hot dogs and free parking for every game, this season’s promotions and special events include:
- T-Bones T-Shirt: On opening day, Saturday, May 18, against Wichita, the first 2,000 fans will receive a T-Bones T-shirt, presented by CommunityAmerica Credit Union.
- T-Bones Magnet Schedules: On Tuesday, May 21, and Wednesday, May 22, vs. Lincoln, fans will receive a T-Bones Magnet Schedule, sponsored by Renewal by Andersen.
- Fleece Blanket: The Kansas City Zoo presents Fleece Blanket giveaway on Tuesday, June 4, for the first 1,500 fans against Sioux City.
- T-Bones Baseball Cap: On Friday, July 12, against Wichita, the first 2,000 fans will receive a T-Bones baseball cap, presented by Sheet Metal Local No. 2.
- T-Bones Jersey: The ever-popular T-Bones jersey giveaway, sponsored by Verizon, is Tuesday, July 30, for the first 2,000 fans, against Laredo.
- Frank White T-Bones T-Shirt: T-Bones coach and baseball legend Frank White will be honored with a T-Bones T-shirt giveaway on Friday, Aug. 9, for the first 2,000 fans vs. Fargo-Moorhead.
- Youth Jersey: For the first time ever, the T-Bones will have a Youth Jersey giveaway to the first 1,000 kids 12 and under on Aug. 20 against Rockland.
- KC Disc Dogs: On Sunday, June 9, against Quebec City, for the 4th Annual Bark in the Park, when fans can bring their dogs to the game for free, the KC Disc Dogs will perform on the field.
- “Mr. Stinky Feet”: Jim “Mr. Stinky Feet” Cosgrove will perform throughout the 11:05 a.m. game on Wednesday, June 19, against Grand Prairie.
- Bret Saberhagen: Cy Young Award winner and the MVP of the 1985 World Series Bret Saberhagen will be at CommunityAmerica Ballpark for the Laredo game on Friday, June 21.
- Utility Man: On Aug. 11, vs. Fargo-Moorhead, performance by Utility Man entertainment, presented by Kansas One-Call and Missouri One Call System.
- Salute to the Woodlands: Race announcer Randy Birch will be at the Aug. 14 game vs. Lincoln, as the T-Bones recognize the Woodlands Race Track and various alumni, and pay tribute to 1993 Woodlands Hall of Fame greyhound, Mr. T-Bone.
- Monday: Kids eat free by CommunityAmerica Credit Union. The first 2,000 kids 12 and under receive a voucher for a free hot dog, bag of chips and lemonade.
- Tuesday: Giveaway nights and beer specials.
- Wednesday: Post-game catch on the field by Coventry Health Care; Sizzle autograph session; $1 hot dogs with the purchase of any beverage; Show your Price Chopper Card and receive a GA/Berm ticket for $4.50.
- Thursday: $1 beers.
- Friday: Theme Nights by Renewal by Andersen.
- Saturday: Fireworks by Verizon.
- Sunday: Pre-game player autographs; post-game kids run the bases by the Midwest Dairy Association.
Friday night theme nights
On most Friday nights throughout the season, fans can receive two-for-one specials on GA/Berm seats by celebrating with the T-Bones.
- May 24: Jimmy Buffet Theme Night
- June 7: Star Wars Theme Night
- June 21: 80’s Theme Night
- July 5: Salute to America Theme Night
- July 12: Super Hero/Villain Theme Night
- Aug. 30: College Rivalry Theme Night
In addition to the fireworks every Saturday night, there will be Memorial Day fireworks after the game against Gary SouthShore on Sunday, May 26; and Independence Day fireworks following the July 3 and 4 games against Sioux Falls. In all, there will be 12 scheduled fireworks nights.
“I am really excited about our promotions schedule this season because we’ve lined up some great promotions full of fun giveaways, ticket discounts, wacky theme nights, celebrity appearances and much more,” Hoskins said. “Besides the huge post-game fireworks show on May 18 that will start our season with a bang, I’m particularly looking forward to July 26th, when we celebrate the 20-year anniversary of “The Sandlot,” one of the best baseball movies of all time.”
All of the above promotions, dates, and giveaways are subject to change. More promotions and events are being developed. The complete promotions list can be seen at www.tbonesbaseball.com/promotions.
A special pre-sale on Opening Day tickets will begin on March 18 at 10 a.m. Single-game tickets for the rest of the 2013 season will go on sale on March 26 at 10 a.m. to Wyandotte County residents and March 28 at 10 a.m. to the general public. Season ticket packages and mini-plans are now available by calling 913-328-5618. For information on group outings and suite availability, call 913-328-5623.