Kansas Speedway news and notes from Aug. 16:
· The first race of the SFP Grand Prix weekend saw Kevin Conway, who has competed in all three of NASCAR’s national series, win the Lamborghini Blancpain Super Trofeo race Aug. 16. Bruce Jenner, a 1976 Olympic gold medalist, finished eighth in the event. The Lamborghini Super Trofeo Series races again at 12:20 p.m. Aug. 17.
· Memo Rojas, who races a Daytona Prototype, will start on the pole for the inaugural SFP Grand Prix at 7 p.m. Aug. 17. Alex Tagliani won the pole for the Grand Touring class, while Tom Long will start on the pole for the GX class.
· Will a Roush visit Victory Lane Aug. 17? Jack Roush Jr. will start seventh in the inaugural Continental Tire Sports Car Challenge Grand Sport race at Kansas Speedway, which starts at 3 p.m. Aug. 17. M. Roush and teammate Billy Johnson were the fastest team in the first practice Aug. 16, and 11th quickest in the second practice. Jack Roush Jr.’s dad, Jack, last visited Kansas Speedway’s victory lane last October in the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Hollywood Casino 400.
· Jade Buford, who races in the GS class, will start on the pole of the Continental Tire Sports Car Challenge race, his sixth pole of the season. Mark Pombo was the fastest in the Street Tuner class, securing his second career pole.
Race fans still have time to purchase tickets for the SFP Grand Prix Tickets by calling 866-460-RACE (7223) or logging onto www.kansasspeedway.com. Infield general admission tickets for Aug. 17 are $60 and fans can also purchase paddock (garage) access for $15. Turn 1 Terrace tickets are $15.
Parking is free at Kansas Speedway and fans can bring in one 14x14x14-inch soft-sided cooler with their favorite food and beverages.
- Story from Kansas Speedway