The KCK School Foundation for Excellence is holding its 23rd annual Scholarship Golf Tournament on Wednesday, June 12, at Sunflower Hills Golf Course, Bonner Springs, Kan. The event is open to area residents and businesses.
There will be two flights again this year:
Morning Flight (limited to 24 teams)
• Registration and Continental Breakfast at 6:30 a.m.
• Shotgun Start at 7:30 a.m.
• Lunch and Awards program at 1 p.m. at the George Meyn Center
Afternoon Flight (limited to 24 teams)
• Registration and Lunch at 12:30 p.m.
• Shotgun Start at 1 p.m.
• Dinner and Awards program at 6 p.m. at the George Meyn Center
Since 1991, the Ffoundation has sponsored this annual fundraiser to benefit students. Proceeds from this year’s event will provide scholarships to high school seniors and support literacy programs in the Kansas City, Kansas Public Schools. Businesses and community members can enjoy a day on the golf course while supporting KCKPS students. Teams of four can participate for $600. Sponsorship opportunities for businesses include:
• Corporate ($10,000 for 8 players)
• Platinum ($5,000 for 8 players)
• Gold ($3,000 for 4 players)
• Silver ($1,500 or 4 players)
Individuals, teams and/or businesses can also sponsor a hole for $300. A cart sponsorship also is available for $50.
To sign up a team for the tournament, go to the KCKSFFE website, www.kcksffe.org. Teams and individuals interested in participating in the event must register by Friday, June 1. For more information, contact Susan Westfahl, 913-279-2235.
- Story from Kansas City, Kan., Public Schools