The Unified Government Commission is scheduled to take a virtual tour of Wyandotte County at 4:30 p.m. Thursday, Sept. 26.
Instead of its usual bus tour throughout the county to familiarize commissioners with each others’ districts, the commission decided this year to take a “virtual tour.”
Commissioners will gather at the third-floor auditorium of the Wyandotte County Health Department, 619 Ann Ave., to watch the virtual tour on Thursday.
The commission plans a regular meeting at 7 p.m. Sept. 26.
Items on the agenda for the regular meeting include:
- Change of zone application from planned limited business district to planned general business district for a convenience store-gas station at 9001 State Ave.
- Special use permit for an event hall, dress shop, office space and storage at 733-735 Minnesota Ave., Michael Johnson.
- Special use permit for live entertainment for Casa Agave restaurant at 1340 Village West Parkway, Jose Pablo Lopez.
- Special use permit for an electronic sign at Trinity Community Church, 5010 Parallel Parkway, Gerald Ulrich.
- Special use permit to prepare the site for future development at 100 Kindleberger Road, Mark Pomerenke for Northpoint Development.
- Vacation of right-of-way at 9001 State Ave., Ryan Denk.
- Vacation of right-of-way at 45 N. Boeke St., Ma Amparo Serrano.
- Preliminary and final plan review for a Family Dollar store at 1999 N. 63rd St., Mark Evans with Triple C Development Inc.
- Consideration of proposed code amendment concerning Local Environs Ordinance, recommended for approval by the Kansas City, Kan., Landmarks Commission and City Planning Commission.
- An ordinance vacating a portion of an alley at 759 Vermont Ave.
- An ordinance vacating a portion of 8th Street right-of-way at 759 Vermont Ave.
- An ordinance vacating a portion of Shearer Avenue at 2001 Key Lane.
- Special use permit for 10 cats and one dog at 4001 Booth St., Edmond F. Mummert, recommended for two years.
- Preliminary plan for a retail shopping center, ingress and egress to the center, at 7560 State Ave., Bart Lowen with Red Legacy Wyandotte, recommended for denial.
- Presentation of the planning process by the planning director.
- Appointment of Matt Hendren as Wyandotte County noxious weed supervisor.
- Resolution conveying nine ambulances that are no longer viable for use by Kansas City, Kan., emergency operations.
- Change requests on three real estate parcels.
- Public hearing on the abatement and PILOT structure for MainStreet Property Group’s proposed development of a next-generation skilled nursing and assisted living facility at 8900 Parallel Parkway. It is a $15 million project with 66,500 square feet and 100 beds.
- Resolution to authorize issuance of $353,000 taxable municipal temporary notes.
- Resolution to authorize issuance of general obligation bonds or temporary notes to cover the costs of settlements. A note in the agenda stated that the action is necessary to finance the UG’s portion of a settlement involving a Sheriff’s Department vehicle accident on Dec. 21, 2012. That was the date that Deputy Randy Beery died in an accident on a snow-covered, icy road.