The Unified Government Commission will meet on Thursday, June 6, at City Hall, 701 N. 7th St., Kansas City, Kan.
The commission has scheduled a 5 p.m. meeting and a 7 p.m. meeting.
The 5 p.m. meeting on the ninth floor will be a special session to review comments on the 2014 budget, followed by a closed session to discuss litigation.
The 7 p.m. commission meeting on the lobby level, in the Commission Chambers, will include:
- A resolution of intent to issue industrial revenue bonds and two ordinances for the creation of a community improvement district and transportation development district for the Fairfax area, Kindleberger Road RACER district. The proposed project has $40 million in capital investment with 1 million square feet of new industrial space, and is expected to create 2,000 new jobs, according to the agenda.
- An ordinance updating the UG's ordinances on offenses to reflect changes made by the Kansas Legislature in 2011 and 2012.
- A grant for H2O to Grow for water connections for community gardens.
- A funding agreement with the Turner Recreation Commission for lighting improvements at the Turner Community Walking Park.
- Reappointmnet to the REACH Foundation's Community Advisory Committee.
- Change requests for real estate.
- Public hearing and ordinance considering the creation of a downtown hotel community improvement district, levying a 2 percent CID sales tax from 5th to 6th, Minnesota to State Avenue. The expected $75,000 revenue would pay for maintenance, repair, and rehabilitation for the hotel, Reardon Center and parking garage.
Both the 5 p.m. and 7 p.m. meeting are open to the public, except for the portion of the 5 p.,m. meeting to discuss litigation. The agenda for the 7 p.m. meeting is online at www.wycokck.org.