Improper disposal of smoking materials was the cause of a fire on a porch at 1:23 p.m. July 7 at 4841 Hutton Road, Kansas City, Kan., according to Fire Department officials.
The damage to the home was estimated at $10,000. The unintentional fire started in bushes in front of the porch, the spokesman said.
Fire crews arrived within 5 minutes to see a fire on the front porch of the home. Everyone had already left the building and crews were able to put out the fire quickly, according to the spokesman.
There were no injuries.