Firefighters said a fire at 9:50 a.m. April 8 at 2442 S. 45th St. was electrical in origin.
When they arrived, they saw heavy smoke coming from the one-story home, a Fire Department spokesman said.
Everyone had left the building when the alarm activated and the residents could smell smoke.
The spokesman said crews found heavy fire in the walls that had traveled throughout the structure.
The BPU was called to pull power from the building because the electrical supply line was arcing on the outside of the structure.
The fire was brought under control within 20 minutes. The fire was deemed accidental due to the electrical issue, the spokesman said.
Occupants of the home refused assistance from the Red Cross. There were no injuries.
- Information from KCK Fire Department.
- Edited and posted by Mary Rupert.