An unattended candle caused a fire at 1:45 a.m. Jan. 24 at 1610 Armstrong Ave., Kansas City, Kan.
A spokesman for the Kansas City, Kan., Fire Department said all the residents of the home had left the building by the time firefighters arrived, within 3 minutes of the call.
After a search, fire crews found the fire in the upstairs bedroom and quickly extinguished it, the spokesman said.
Emergency personnel evaluated the residents for slight smoke inhalation, but further treatment was refused.
Residents of the home were able to stay in their home, as the fire was contained to one room, the spokesman said.
The loss to property and contents was estimated at $3,000.