What were the top projects of 2013 in Kansas City, Kan.?
According to the Unified Government data collected on nonresidential building permits, several projects had a value of $750,000 or more during 2013.
The 2013 projects, listed in order of most expensive to least expensive building permits, with the amount estimated for the construction permit, included:
1. General Motors plant, 3201 Fairfax Trafficway, December, paint shop addition, $80 million.
2. Kansas City, Kansas Public Schools, 1301 Armstrong, September, new McKinley School building, $9.5 million.
3. BNSF Railroad, 1051 Merriam Lane, April, replace existing railroad bridge, $7.2 million.
4. Buddha Holding LLC, 2555 S. Ferree St., July, railroad tract relocation, $7.2 million.
5. Buddha Holding LLC, 3940 S. Ferree St., July, railroad tract relocation, $7.2 million.
6. Rainbow Real Estate Partners, 3910 Rainbow Blvd., April, tenant finish, KC Transitional Care Center, $5.9 million.
7. Price Chopper, 7600 State Ave., August, new grocery store, Wyandotte Plaza, $4.89 million.
8. Rainbow Real Estate Partners, 3910 Rainbow Blvd., April, tenant finish, KU Acute Inpatient Care Center, $4.6 million.
9. Atchison, Topeka and Santa Fe Railroad, 301 S. 51st, April, expand parking lot – loading area, $4.1 million.
10. Wyandotte Plaza, 7560 State Ave., April, site improvements, $3 million.
Other projects of more than $750,000 during 2013, according to the UG list, included:
11. Save-A-Lot, 2102 Metropolitan Ave., April, new grocery store, $1.79 million.
12. Piper Community Center, 3130 N. 122nd St., May, interior renovations, community center, $1.75 million.
13. Diamond Ideal, 346 N. James St., October, new commercial building and site work, $1.47 million.
14. Unified Government, 849 N. 47th St., March, tenant finish for transit facility, $1.25 million.
15. Schlitterbahn, 9400 State Ave., April, new waterpark features, $1.17 million.
16. Crooker and Hyatt Dental Office, April, 2933 S. 47h St., new dental office, $1.1 million.
17. Wholesale Batteries, 605 Kansas Ave., August, building addition, $1.01 million.
18. Kansas Speedway Corp., 1601 Phoenix Drive, June, television compound parking lot, $981,135.
19. Westgate Tower Apartments, KCK Housing Authority, 6100 Leavenworth Road, September, interior remodel, $950,000.
20. Water District No. 1 of Johnson County, 7565 Holliday Drive, December, electrical substation, $896,328.
21. Advance Auto, 7600 State Ave., May, new retail building, $767,125.
22. Dollar General, 4505 Metropolitan Ave., January, new retail building, $750,000.