1 of 1
Providence roofProvidence Medical Center is in the process of upgrading its roof. Seven roofs are being replaced on the hospital campus. (Providence Medical Center photo)
If you’ve driven past Providence Medical Center near 89th and Parallel recently, you may have noticed a large crane and construction activity on the hospital campus. That’s because Providence is raising the roof—literally.
The hospital recently began a $1,200,000 project that will replace nearly 50,000 square feet of roofing on the hospital buildings. The construction is being done by Delta Innovative Services, a local commercial roofing contractor. The project should be completed in the early fall.
“When Prime Healthcare purchased the hospitals, it pledged to provide at least $10 million toward capital and other investment projects over the next five years for both Providence and Saint John Hospital in Leavenworth,” said Randy Nyp, president and CEO of the hospitals. “This is just the first of many projects we will be undertaking to upgrade our facilities so that we can focus on providing our community with outstanding patient care.”
Several other construction projects are either underway, or will be shortly, according to John Fankhauser, plant operations manager for the hospitals. “Under our new ownership, Prime is moving quickly to upgrade and update our facilities,” Fankhauser said. To signify the hospitals’ new ownership, both Providence and Saint John soon will receive exterior illuminated LED signage featuring the Prime logo. The Prime logo also will be added to exterior signage on other office buildings and clinics associated with the hospitals.
Additional projects include:
Providence Medical Center campus
• New heating and air conditioning system for the east tower of the Medical Office Building, $140,000, completed.
• Retrofit food tray conveyor system in the hospital cafeteria, $35,000, completed.
• Upgrades to parking lots, sidewalks, striping and stenciling of parking areas, in process.
Saint John Hospital campus
• Upgrade fire safety system-smoke damper boxes, $95,000, completed.
• Upgrade electrical distribution system, $200,000, in process.
• Replace air handler unit in Intensive Care Unit, in process.
• Upgrades and safety improvements to Saint John Senior Behavioral Health Center, including new handrails, hinges and faucets, in process.
- Story from Providence Medical Center