More than 155 entrepreneurs and business owners participated in the Dec. 10 “Blogging as a Marketing Technique” breakfast, part of the 2013 Business Solution Series.
Throughout the fall, there were four breakfasts that allowed Kansas City area business owners and entrepreneurs the opportunity to learn from industry experts on a range of topics. The speakers included sales trainers, Kansas City-based business owners, authors from business publications and novels and leading Kansas City bloggers and web experts.
“The monthly breakfasts became a real community of Kansas City business owners that are dedicated to creating a community that assists one another in their business growth journeys,” said Jay Matlack, workforce development coordinator at Kansas City Kansas Community College. “It was really fun to be a part of, and we look forward to this series growing further.”
The kickoff breakfast to the 2014 Business Solution Series at KCKCC will be Jan. 14. The first of four monthly breakfast meetings, each session will be from 8 to 9:30 a.m. in Room 3632 of the Flint Building on the KCKCC campus, 7250 State Ave. The cost is $10 and reservations can be made by contacting Matlack at 913-288-7210 or by email at email@example.com
“This series will allow area entrepreneurs and businesses to collaborate, learn and grow,” Matlack said. “It is amazing how we regularly see each other out and about but often know very little about what each other’s businesses or jobs provide to our community. This series is an effort to inform one another of the great work that is being done throughout Kansas City.”
The remainder of the 2014 Business Solution series schedule:
- Jan. 14 – “The Legal Issues Facing Small Business.” Learn about the most common laws that apply to small businesses. Experts will examine a typical business at all stages of development.
- Feb. 11 – “Financing Your Business - Startup and Expansion.” Experts will share startup financing options, as well as expansion funding options.
- March 11 – “Business Share (KCK).” Two local entrepreneurs present their startups to a community of mentors, advisors and entrepreneurs. The businesses sharing prepare a five-minute presentation and then engage in 20 minutes of feedback and discussion with the audience.
- April 4 – “Innovation Summit.” A metro-wide event that engages and inspires entrepreneurs to turn concepts into a reality. Attend or participate by pitching your idea.
- May 13 – “Affordable Care Act.” Insurance can be complicated, especially as a business owner. Ask questions to expert panelists to make the complicated simple.
The series has been created and developed by KCKCC Workforce Development in conjunction with the Wyandotte Economic Development Council, Kansas City, Kan., Chamber of Commerce, Unified Government of KCK-Wyandotte County, Leavenworth Development Corporation and the Kansas Black Chamber of Commerce.
For more information or to register, contact Jay Matlack at 913-288-7210 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.